We use our cell phone s quite a lot every single day. They help us to communicate and work on a daily basis. When someone asks us if we’ve ever cleaned our cell phone, we immediately think about removing junk files and photos so as to clear up some space. Instead, the first thought which should come to mind should be how to get rid of bacteria and deadly microbes on the cell phone surface. Every time that you touch your cell phone, you immediately shift bacteria, germs and fungi from the device to your hands, face and any other surface that the device has touched. Therefore, you need to clean your cell phone regularly.
The items that you need to clean your cell phone
- Some distilled water
- A spray bottle
- 70% Isopropyl alcohol
- Lint-free microfiber cloth
- Wooden toothpicks or cotton swabs
The items which you should never use to clean your cell phone
- Household or window cleaner
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Compressed air
- Abrasive powder
- Aerosol spray cleaners
Avoid implementing excess moisture as you clean your cell phone. That’s because it can damage the interior components. The glass surfaces on smartphones usually have a special oleophobic coating. It repels oil from your fingers or hands. If you use something abrasive on the screen, the effectiveness of this oleophobic coating is reduced. Therefore, always be gentle.
7 steps that you can use to clean all the germs off your cell phone
To keep your cell phone germ-free, it is necessary to perform these steps on a weekly basis.
- Unplug your cell phone and remove all attachments. Turn it off. Clean your chargers and ear buds separately.
- Remove your cell phone from the cover or protective case. These ones also need to be cleaned before re-inserting your cell phone.
- Mix distilled water and 70% isopropyl alcohol in a small spray bottle according to a 1:1 ratio. Avoid using hard water. This is because it has microscopic minerals which can scratch up the surface of your cell phone. After mixing everything up, give the bottle a good shake.
- Spray some mixture on the lint-free microfiber cloth. Make sure that you don’t over-wet the cloth. As you do this, don’t spray directly on your cell phone.
- Use the cloth to wipe the entire front and back of your cell phone.
- Your cell phone is bound to have some tight, narrow spaces. Examples of these are the attachment ports, camera lens or buttons. Use a wooden toothpick or cotton swab to clean these sections. After this build up has been removed, wipe these areas down again with a slightly damp microfiber cloth.
- Let your cell phone air-dry for a quarter hour before you re-insert it in the case.
Cell phone accessory cleaning
You can use the distilled water and 70% isopropyl alcohol solution to clean your cell phone accessories too. Simply spray some of it on the microfiber cloth. Proceed to wipe down the ear buds, charger and any other accessories for your cell phone. This cleaning strategy is also ideal for cleaning your cell phone cases. A quick wipe down every day is enough for them!